Thursday, June 12, 2008

Long time no post

When you haven't blogged in awhile it is hard to start off. I don't know where to begin, but I guess I'll skip over the unimportant events (like my birthday), and get to the good stuff.

Cherry picking!!!!

How long has it been since I last went cherry picking? I used to go almost every season when I was little, but it has been over 10 years since I last went.


It is so hard to find things I used to do in my childhood down here in so cal. The nearest cherry farm I could find was in Leona Valley near the city of Palmdale. It wasn't that far, but still a drive.


the entrance to the cherry farm


the farmer told us the cherries near the ground are riper than the ones high up on the tree because the ground keeps a higher temperature which ripens the cherries faster


"these cherries are very profound"


tee hee


hmm... somehow picking cherries makes adrian more distinguished


deep in thought


this is adrian's cousin Josh and his fiancee Katie who were the ones that brough us cherry picking


yum






hmm, we found this shotgun shell in the cherry orchard... prowlers beware!


so the cherries we got were Brooks cherries which is a cross between a type of bing cherry and rainier cherries. they were super yummy! i haven't had cherries that fresh in a long while, but after a week of eating cherries everday you tend to get sick of them...

but they are still so yummy!

No comments: