Monday, February 11, 2008

dineLA: Ruth Chris Steakhouse

Ruth Chris was my favorite dineLA restaurant. It had a very upscale feel in the atmosphere which coincides with their upscale prices. Best of all, the food was superb!

This is the dineLA menu we ordered from.


The appetizer was HUGE! I ordered the Seared Ahi Tuna thinking it would only give me 2-3 pieces, but it came with 7!!! It was like a main course!! Not only did it deliver in quantity, but in quality as well.


For the main course, I had the Petit Filet. Unlike L.A. Prime's 6 oz., Ruth Chris offered 8 oz for their dineLA steak with a choice of a side: creamed spinach or garlic mashed potatoes. I ordered the steak medium rare, but there was one edge that ended up being well done. Even though it was slightly on the buttery side, it was still delicious. Adrian heavily recommends the creamed spinach.


For dessert, I ordered the Bread Pudding. It was really big. It was a full sized dessert, which took up most of the plate. Being a dessert, it was really balanced, since it wasn't too sweet nor was it bland. Even though I LOVE dessert, I had to take most of it home because I was sooooooooo full!


Adrian got the Chocolate Sin cake for dessert. It had a strong espresso flavor which went really well with the chocolate mousse. It was to die for. If anyone wants to try, there is still some left in Adrian's fridge (circa 2/5/08).


The dineLA menu at Ruth Chris was definitely worth the money. Good portions, good food, great value! I would definitely go back again. Altogether, I would rate this establishment a 4 out of 5. If I were to dine at another steakhouse soon, I would want to try Mastro's.

No comments: