Sunday, July 13, 2008

Grandpa Wu

7/5/2008

we went to get breakfast at that place i went to when i first got to taiwan.


this is a new product. it's dan beng salad. so they put lettuce and sprouts in the dan beng and made a wrap


this one is sao beng with egg. it was good :) the sao beng was so flaky!


after breakfast, we went over to Carrefour which is like their walmart


the inside was pretty much the same as our supermarkets over here.


there was a travelator


I went to visit my Grandfather for the first time. It was also my first time at an asian cemetary. it was built on a hill. my granfather's grave was different from the traditional ones because his coffin is above ground.


this is the praying mantis who is protecting my grandfather.


my granfaterh's story if you are interested.. or if you can read chinese


this is my grandfather's view from the hill


we went back to dan suay and i got a really long ice cream. it was so hot!!!


octopus. i didn't eat any though... yuck.


we bought these "cow horns." they were like crissoants but not flaky.


fresh ground almond powder.


almond tea made from the fresh almond powder. yum


so later that day, i took my aunt to costco because her card expired and she hasnt renewed. apparently my costco membership works worldwide :)


everything looks the same.


the food court


the same. even the people are the same. so many asians it looks like the alhambra costco.

later that night, we went to shilin night market, but i didn't take any pictures. we went with my little cousin to buy him a suit for the wedding. he got his suit for $66 USD after we bargained for it.

No comments: